Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mandatory Metallica -- July 30th, 2008

Hi! I thought I'd try something new.

For those of you who don't know me or haven't read this, I didn't start out listening to the "classic" metal bands. I only started listening to Iron Maiden last year and Judas Priest about 6 months ago.

But let's cut to the chase. After seeing setlist after setlist of Metallica, I decided to give them a try. I downloaded their discography (I know, naughty naughty) but I really had no idea where to start.

There's a hard rock radio station here, 98.9 The Rock, and every weeknight (I suppose) at 9 o'clock they have "Mandatory Metallica". They play a couple Metallica songs at random. I've decided to go ahead and listen to them as I got off work. These blogs will keep track of them so I can kind of tell what Metallica I like. And I'm doing this because I'm bored.

July 30, 2008:

Ain't My Bitch
Die, Die My Darling
Eye Of The Beholder

Ain't My Bitch sounded alright, although I could pretty much tell it was on The Black Album or past. Of course, the DJ said "FROM THE LOAD ALBUM!" and I know how fans view those albums. But for this song, I didn't find it too terrible except for when James says "bitch". Seriously? BEEEYYAATTCHHHUUUHHH!!! And the solo. My God, the solo really made me see this song as a hard rock song (I really don't like hard rock) instead of thrash metal.

I'd listened to the Misfits cover before and I really liked it, so I thought it was cool they played it on the radio. Never heard the original, but still a good song for me.

I didn't catch the name of the last one but only heard it was on ...And Justice For All, so I got on iTunes and found out it was Eye Of The Beholder. I really like the beginning, but my favorite part are the vocals that go "Do you see what I see, etc." I just think it goes greatly along with the music and is easy to headbang to.

More to come!

No comments: