Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Suicidal Tendencies -- Kansas City, MO -- November 29th, 2008

It was a coooold, rainy/snowy Saturday night. KU had won a huge football game earlier in the day (eat it, MU!), but some Suicidal fans packed the Beaumont Club. By the time Suicidal Tendencies got on, it was the second most packed I'd ever seen it. First is Bodom, but this show was way more enjoyable.

Whole Wheat Bread took me back to 2001. They're pop-punk (not such a dirty term) and I'll always have a soft spot for it. They also had some songs which were straight-up hip-hop songs. They were very fun and enjoyable. And they're all BLACK. And they ruled! 7.5/10

Terror, I didn't think I would like. The "hardcore" tag gets thrown around so much that it's acquired bad images when it's heard. But Terror really does embody the old-school hardcore asthetic. Shouted group vocals, goes into hardcore punk speed parts, and it all has a positive message too! The crowd went nutso for them and he gave the crowd the mic several times to sing along. They were great fun and I'll definitely look into their albums now! 8/10

Terror and Whole Wheat Bread must have grown up listening to Suicidal Tendencies, because ST is the perfect combo of Punk, Hardcore, and Thrash Metal. It was magnificent. It was loud and fast. The crowd ate it up. Besides a stupid thing between someone and a security guard, spirits were high all night and everyone was smiling. My personal favorite song of the night was "Send Me Your Money". That bass player sure can play. The new song also sounds sick. Can't wait! SUICIDAL! SUICIDAL! SUICIDAL! 9/10

You Can't Bring Me Down
We Are Family
War Inside My Head
Subliminally
Send Me Your Money
New Song "Come Alive"
Trip At The Brain
Lovely
Cyco Vision
Possessed To Skate
I Saw Your Mommy
How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
---
I Shot Reagan
Pledge Your Allegiance

Suicidal Tendencies - 9/10
Terror - 8/10
Whole Wheat Bread - 7.5/10

No comments: