Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ben Folds -- Kansas City, MO -- May 30th, 2009

Happy birthday to me! When I found out Ben Folds was playing in Kansas City the day before my birthday, I was ecstatic and I wasn't let down!

The opening band was Rachel Unthank & The Winterset. They're a folk band from England. They were alright, but got a little boring after a while. Nothing special, nothing too bad. 5/10

This was my 5th time seeing Ben Folds and the best since Way To Normal came out. He seemed really loose and playful. He cracked a lot of jokes, had a lot of crowd banter, and even went out into the crowd once! It was definitely the most joking/friendly I've seen Ben. The set is still full of Way To Normal tracks and the staple tracks as well, but there were some gems thrown in there. Namely: Battle of Who Could Care Less and Boxing. Boxing was the highlight of the night for me. Ben said the band is cooling down and going to record their new album. I can't wait for it and I can't wait for them to be back. :)

Effington
Brainwascht
Sentimental Guy
Kate
Lovesick Diagnostician
Battle of Who Could Care Less
Bitch Went Nutz
Annie Waits
There's Always Someone Cooler Than You
Dr. Yang
Hiroshima
Jesusland
Before Cologne > Cologne
Free Coffee

Ben Solo:
Boxing
Best Imitation of Myself
Gracie

Narcolepsy (extended)
Errant Dog
Landed
You Don't Know Me
Zak And Sara
Rockin' the Suburbs

Encore:
Kansas City Blues improv
Army
Not The Same
One Angry Dwarf

10/10

I have video of Annie Waits, Imitation, Gracie and Narcolepsy. I will upload it soon!

1 comment:

Gary said...

Thanks for the review, Mankvill. I liked the opening band: maybe you and my wife were the only ones paying attention. Keep on keeping.
Gary