Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Motorhead -- Kansas City, MO -- September 24th, 2009

Wow. Up in the top 5, probably top 3, performances of the year for me. Every part of Motorhead's performance was top notch. And to say that they were loud is an understatement.

Because of jankety directions, I got lost downtown trying to find a parking place and ended up missing Nashville Pussy and delicious almost-nudity I hear. Oh well.

Reverend Horton Heat's sound started off kind of weird for me, but as I got used to it, I really started enjoying him. Perfect blend between rock and roll, old time country, and rockabilly, the crowd loved every second of his set. Especially when he played Psychobilly Freakout (curse you Guitar Hero! I haven't 5-starred it yet!) and when he stood on the bass player's stand-up bass. Really fun, and he usually comes around here a ton of times a year, so I'll be sure to catch him next time. 8/10

Reverend Horton Heat’s Big Blue Car
Now, Right Now
I’m Mad
Ain’t No Saguaro In Texas
Drinkin’ And Smokin’ Cigarettes
Please Don’t Take The Baby To The Liquor Store
Psychobilly Freakout
Baddest Of The Bad
400 Bucks
Death Metal Guys
The Jimbo Song
Devil’s Chasin’ Me
Big Red Rocket Of Love

Not 100% on the set, but it seems to be right.

Motörhead. Is there anything else I need to say, really? They were loud, they were heavy, they were awesome, and they will forever be legends. Highlights of the night were Stay Clean, Rock Out, Killed By Death, and of course, Overkill. 9.5/10


1. Iron Fist
2. Stay Clean
3. Be My Baby
4. Rock Out
5. Metropolis
6. Over The Top
7. One Night Stand
8. I Got Mine
9. The Thousand Names of God
10. Another Perfect Day
11. In The Name of Tragedy
12. Jus Cos You Got The Power
13. Going To Brazil
14. Killed By Death
15. Bomber
-----------------
16. Whorehouse Blues
17. Ace of Spades
18. Overkill

They are Motörhead. And they play rock n' roll.

No comments: