Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Motorhead -- Kansas City, MO -- February 17th, 2011

Great show from all the bands, but WOW what a performance by Clutch. BUT FIRST:

I got to the venue right at eight o'clock, but the line was still stretched around the block. I hear Valient Thorr playing while I waited to get in and missed about half their set. Their sound mix wasn't all that great, but the band was as great as ever. Kansas City is their second home, so I'm sure I'll be seeing a lot of them very soon.

I finally did it! I lost my Clutch show virginity! And what a show it was! Neil was moving all around and the music sounded great. Lots of great grooves; it's impossible not to move around to the beat at a Clutch performance! Big News I was really good, but my favorite song they did was Immortal. That song sounds great live! Might be the best opening set I've ever seen. Big thanks to Brad and Jeff for helping me figure out their set!

Motorhead was Motorhead. Nothing more, nothing less. I will say I enjoyed them a bit more than the last time I saw them. Also wasn't as loud as I remember. Still awesome. Songs like "Rock Out" and "I Got Mine" were great, but my personal favorite was "Going to Brazil." It's just too much fun. The guitar solo was kind of lame, but the drum solo was great. Always fun to see this legendary band, so hopefully they'll be around a while longer!

Motorhead:

We Are Motörhead
Stay Clean
Get Back In Line
Metropolis
Over the Top
One Night Stand
Rock Out
Guitar Solo
The Thousand Names of God
I Got Mine
I Know How To Die
The Chase Is Better Than the Catch
In the Name of Tragedy
Drum Solo
Just 'Cos You Got the Power
Going to Brazil
Killed by Death
Ace of Spades
---------
Overkill

Clutch (thanks Brad and Jeff!)

50,000 Unstoppable Watts
The Mob Goes Wild
Freakonomics
Pure Rock Fury
Big News I > jam > Big News II
The Incomparable Mr. Flannery
Child of the City
Immortal
Let a Poor Man Be

Motorhead - 8/10
Clutch - 9/10
Valient Thor - 8/10

No comments: