Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nile -- Lawrence, KS -- March 28th, 2012

An almost perfect show with near perfect sets from every band on the bill tonight. Pure death metal bliss.

First up was Gornography, who is rapidly climbing my personal list of favorite local bands. They are so stupidly heavy it's not even funny. Pure brutal deathgrind, they'll break your neck thirteen times over throughout their set. Their set closer, Lakes of Blood, actually might be the heaviest live song I've ever heard, local band or not. Oh my God, dude. Dude.

Visions Of Gore
Homicidal Maniac
Leech Filled Cunt
Spinal Fuck Fest
Intoxicated Abortion
Vomitous Vaginal Anal Deathmachine
Pissing Blood
Lakes Of Blood

Next up was local death metal veterans Marasmus. They've got their brand of death metal down to a science and they just completely rip through every song without a second thought. Shut The Fuck Up is so much fun, and the band seriously rips. Can't wait to hear the new album.

Set included:

Caskets Made of Ivory
Mountains Of Dead
Shut The Fuck Up And Die
Syphilitic
Modes of Vitriol

I had never really listened to Hour of Penance before tonight, but I'm definitely going to start now. They won me over based only on their absolutely crushing live show. The sound could have been a little better, but they were super enthusiastic and played their hearts out. I think I might like them more than any other Italian death metal band I've heard now! Awesome stuff.

Sedition Through Scorn
Paradogma
Absence of Truth
Incestuous Dynasty of Worms
Slavery in a Deaf Decay
Incontrovertible Doctrines
Ascension
Decimate the Ancestry of the Only God
Misconception

Nile. Man, what can I say? They were flawless. They were having so much fun on stage and the crowd was eating it up. Karl Sanders is a master of the guitar and the back-and-forth solofest during Cast Down The Heretic was just about the best thing I've ever seen. Went nuts during Kafir!, Sacrifice Unto Sebek and Lashed to the Slave Stick. So good. I'll always go out of my way to see Nile as many times as I can.

Kafir!
Sacrifice Unto Sebek
Hittite Dung Incantation
Serpent Headed Mask
Execration Text
Ithyphallic
Supreme Humanism of Megalomania (new)
Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possessor Against Attacks from He Who Is in the Water
Permitting the Noble Dead to Descend to the Underworld
Sarcophagus
Cast Down the Heretic
Lashed to the Slave Stick
Black Seeds of Vengeance

Gornography: 9/10
Marasmus: 8.5/10
Hour of Penance: 9/10
Nile: 9.5/10

No comments: