Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Marasmus -- Kansas City, MO -- March 25th, 2009

This review SHOULD say:

Vital Remains -- Kansas City, MO -- March 25th, 2009

But, as the vocalist for Marasmus stated, Vital Remains got their gear stolen.

But I got to check out some more local bands that I've been itching to hear.

The first band of the night was The Roman Holiday. At first, I thought they were heavy as hell, but it just degenerated into yet another by the numbers deathcore band. There were times when what they were doing could've been mistaken for a great death metal band, but they just filled every void they possibly could with breakdowns. 7/10

Second time seeing Decimation (the first being opening for Skeletonwitch) and they were much better this time around. Straight-up, old fashioned death metal, which was a bit like deatn n' roll at times. Amazing drummer, as always. One of the best Kansas has to offer. 9/10

Last up was Marasmus, and I'd heard good things about them. They play deathgrind, but there are some technical aspects to their music as well. The crowd wasn't into them too much, but they had a pretty good stage presence and they really deserve a bigger stage. 8.5/10

All in all, a good concert for six bucks, but I would have gladly paid triple that for Vital Remains. Here's to hoping they get their stuff back.

No comments: