Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Thursday, April 30, 2009

mc chris -- Lawrence, KS -- April 30th, 2009

After standing in heavy rain (for the 2nd night in a row, no less), I was treated to the best concert I've seen so far this year!

I saw Whole Wheat Bread open for Suicidal Tendencies back in November, but this time they were much better. The crowd was really into them, and they even took away the instruments to rap for a bit. It was, after all, a rap show. They are just an overall great punk band, and I'll always look forward to them. Their set included a cover of "Never Scared", "Bombs Away", "Police Song" and "Broke" and also an impromptu rap about sexing older women. It was awesome.
9/10

I thought mc chris might have been sick at first, but after the first few songs, he started really getting into the set and the crowd absolutely ate it up. mc chris can not only rhyme really well, but he's funny as hell too. He ragged on some frat guy near the front all night and it was perfect. He went on a rant about Left 4 Dead once and then another for Resident Evil 5. Near the end of his set he did a Q & A session which included topics such as Watchmen (he likes the movie, thought the comic was worse), his musical influences (Reggie and the Full Effect), why he started rapping (bitches and cocaine) and more. It was one of the most fun concerts I've had just because I was smiling the entire time, and I know everyone else was.
10/10

DQ Blizzard
The Tussin
Fuckin' Up My Christmas
Geek
White Kids Love Hip-Hop
Ten Year Old
Hijack
Left 4 Dead rant
MC Chris Ownz
Evergreen
Robot Dog
Tractor Beam
Ratz
Resident Evil 5 rant
FTW
Wiid
Pizza Butt
On*
Hoodie Ninja
nrrrd grrrl
006
new song about Neville Longbottom
--Q & A session--
IG-88's Fifty-Seven Chevy
--encore--
mc chris is dead
Fett's Vette