Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Origin -- Lawrence, KS -- July 25th, 2009

Great way to end my metal journey.

I got there too late and missed Marasmus, so there was one opening band for me. Lucky for me, it was Troglodyte! One of my favorite local bands around. This was pretty much their first time in Lawrence, and it was by far the best I've seen them! They had lots of energy and the Jackpot's sound system sounded extremely good for them. No full setlist, but included: Skunk Ape Rape, Don't Go Into The Woods, We Eat Our Own, Crypto-stew-ologist, and Die When You Die. Bigfoot death metal at its finest. 9/10

It was a homecoming show for Origin, welcoming them back from slaughtering the summer on the Summer Slaughter tour all over the US. The band knew pretty much everyone at the Jackpot, and it was all fun and games all night long. Their performance was brutal as always, the guitarist and the bassist were still unbelievably mind-blowing, and the drumming insane as everything. Always a good time when Origin is in town. 9/10

1. Staring From The Abyss
2. Implosion Of Eternity
3. The Aftermath
4. ?
5. Wrath Of Vishnu
6. Disease Called Man
7. Reciprocal
8. The Burner
9. Finite
10. Antithesis
11. Portal

Thus concludes my metal journey. I think I won't be attending another concert until blink-182 on Sept. 4 and no metal concerts until about Sept. 28th for Motorhead and Sept. 29th for Dragonforce. Thanks for reading.

No comments: