Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Monday, January 25, 2010

Nile -- Kansas City, MO -- January 24th, 2010

WHAT AN AWESOME SHHOOOWWWW

Local death metal band Marasmus opened. They're your standard death metal group, but they do it well. Lots of headbanging. 8/10

Dreaming Dead was pretty good as well, but their sound was a little off at the beginning of the show. I also couldn't hear one of the guitarists. They were cool though, they had some thrashy parts. The crowd loved them. 8/10

Throughout their set, it seemed that Krisiun was having problems hearing themselves on stage, but they sounded fantastic to me. Definitely heavy and their style of death metal sounded fantastic in a live setting. I'm almost positive that they played what they've been playing all tour. Combustion Inferno is a monster live.

Kings Of Killing
Combustion Inferno
Vicious Wrath
Vengeance's Revelation
Sentenced Morning
Hatred Inherit

My number one reason for coming was Immolation and they totally smashed my expectations. Ross is a beast and Bill Taylor (who was in Angelcorpse [what up kansas city!]) was outstanding and really entertaining to watch. They played pretty much all the songs I wanted to hear. It's so much fun screaming lyrics along with hundreds of other people. Unbelievably awesome. 9.5/10

Passion Kill
Swarm Of Terror
The Purge
Den Of Thieves
Father You're Not A Father
No Jesus, No Beast
World Agony

Nile is heavy. That's all you can really say. Every band member was spot on and the sound was great and loud. Karl had about 393198237 pedal's for his guitars, but each member of the band is extremely talented in their instrument. There were a couple sing-along's to Nile as well (LASHED. TO. THE SLAVE STICK!) and the crowd was crazy the entire time. A near-perfect setlist, too! I can't wait to see them again. 9.5/10

Kafir!
Sacrifice Unto Sebek
Hittite Dung Incantation
Sepent Headed Mask
Ithyphallic
Execration Text
Papyrus Containing the Spell to Preserve Its Possesor Against He Who Is In The Water
4th Arra of Dagon
Permitting the Noble Dead to Descend to the Underworld
Sarcophagus
Lashed to the Slave Stick
Cast Down the Heretic
Black Seeds of Vengeance

After the show, Karl came out to sign autographs and take pictures. I don't know why I thought I heard he was a dick before, he's really awesome. He would move around so the people could get a good picture with him, and he signed stuff for everyone. I got my Those Whom The Gods Detest booklet signed. After that, I went over to the merch area and got Alex from Krisiun to sign my ticket and Ross from Immolation to sign my Failures For God's booklet. I also got a shirt with tour dates and the Majesty and Decay artwork on the front. It's nice! I don't want to sound cliche or anything, but they are all really nice guys. I hope they all come back around here very soon!

No comments: