Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Troglodyte -- Kansas City, MO -- September 6th, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

First band was Chaos Interval. They're a three piece grind band with no bassist, and they definitely don't need one. Their sound was really clear and the drummer and the guitarist have some serious skills. The singer did a great job too and he was all over the place. A really fun band to watch, I hope to see them play more than a short opening set some day. 8.5/10

Set included:

Entrails Of A Dead Era

The last time I saw Marasmus was back in January opening for Nile, and they're still as heavy as ever. The vocalist sounds great and as a band, they sound a bit like Cannibal Corpse, but it's all fresh and heavy. They should open up every death metal show! 8.5/10

Set included:

Drowning In Whiskey
Gnostic Decimation
Shitting Teeth

The one let-down of the night was definitely Serated. It seems they have quite a following in and around Kansas City, but I don't get it. I just hear a Pantera/Down-sounding band and I cannot get behind clean vocals in extreme metal, especially the mid-90's James Hetfield version. The sound was pretty muddy and neither of the guitarists were anything special, but their bass player has to be one of the best I've ever seen. Dude is insane. Other than that, not much here. 6/10

Everything was perfect for Troglodyte, and it might have been the best time I've seen them. They played a ton of material, including my two favorite Trog songs. They brought out some lights and a couple of fog machines. It's almost like Bigfoot himself was performing in a swamp for us! Great stuff all around, like always. I need more Trog! 10/10

Set included:

A Piece Of Me Is A Piece Of You
Hit By The Hendersons
Skunk Ape Rape
Don't Go In The Woods...
Beyond The Valley Of The Troglodyte/Troglodyte Rises
Bite It You Scum (GG Allin cover)
Die When You Die (GG Allin cover)
Back Of The Bus (Madball cover)
The Only Good Hippie Is A Dead Hippie
Ric Flair's Hair
They Walk Among Us
Fossil
Entombed Yeti Hand

No comments: