Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mandatory Metallica -- Oct. 21, 2008

Sorry for the lack of MM updates. I'll do them a lot more often now!

Until It Sleeps
Suicide & Redemption
Battery

Didn't catch the first of Until It Sleeps, but man, I'm glad. If it was anything like the rest of the song, it was bad. Hetfield's vocals are pretty bad, but what is really bad here are the guitars. This song basically proves that Metallica and be a alt. rock band! Pass.

Suicide & Redemption is one of the 2 songs off of Death Magnetic that I honestly don't care for. Yeah, it's another instrumental track like the first records, but it really doesn't serve any purpose. Once again, until the halfway decent solo, it's just Metallica once again proving they can be a hard rock band. No metal in sight.

But really, can I stay mad at this nights Mandatory Metallica when the first Metallica song I fell in love with is on?! Battery is the song that got me into Metallica and had me start listening to the Mandatory Metallica program. Everything about it is fantastic. I dunno what else to tell ya.

Hopefully they throw it in the setlist as a surprise on Saturday!

No comments: