Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Monday, October 26, 2009

Ben Folds -- Lawrence, KS -- October 27th, 2009

Sixth time. Best time! Good crowd, great song selection. And it was just him and his piano, only the 2nd time in like...6ish years. Amazing.

Dog
Annie Waits
All U Can Eat
Effington
Gone
Sentimental Guy
Emaline
Jesusland
Still Fighting It
Unreleased song (The Secret Life Of Morgan Davis)
Unreleased song (Girl [I think])
New Song - Picture Window
New Song - Levi Johnston's Blues
New Song - Belinda
You Don't Know Me (feat. Kate Miller-Heidke)
Kate
Landed
Freebird/Rock This Bitch
Bastard
Dr. Yang
Such Great Heights (Postal Service Cover)
Army
Evaporated
Zak and Sara
Happy Birthday to Sydney
Not The Same

Encore:
Song for the Dumped
Narcolepsy
Philosophy

10/10

First time seeing Ben Folds play Evaporated, Song for the Dumped, and I think Emaline. I think it might be the first time I've seen him do Such Great Heights, too.

The opener was Kate Miller-Heidke from Australia and she's the 2nd best opener I've ever seen with Ben Folds (first would be Rufus Wainwright). She did an excellent cover of Toxic by Britney Spears. After she helped with You Don't Know Me, Ben took photos of her and her guitarist with the crowd being happy, us booing them, and then Kate "pissing" on the stage. :D

No comments: