Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Offspring -- Bonner Springs, KS -- July 3rd, 2010

The Offspring:

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
Bad Habit
New Song
Come Out And Play (Keep 'Em Separated)
Gone Away
All I Want (Crazy Taxi song!)
Hammerhead
Gone Away (piano version)
Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
Gotta Get Away
The Guns of Brixton (The Clash cover)
Why Don't You Get A Job?
Staring At The Sun
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
(Can't Get My Head) Around You
The Kids Aren't Alright
Self Esteem

311:

*
1. Down
2. Sick Tight
3. Prisoner
4. Mix It Up
5. Come Original
6. Taiyed
7. All Mixed Up
8. Something Out of Nothing
9. Beyond the Gray Sky
10. Applied Science
11. Flowing Play
12. Speak Easy
13. From Chaos
14. You Wouldn't Believe
15. Nix Hex
16. Beautiful Disaster
18. What Was I Thinking
19. Amber
20. Creatures (For a While)
21. Encore:
21. Jackpot
22. Feels So Good

Pepper included:

Stormtrooper

--

Every show I've been to at Sandstone the past couple of years have pretty much been nostalgia trips. From Warped tour to Weezer, most of these trips have been to hear songs that I knew by heart even though I'm not a huge fan of the bands. I got a full dose of nostalgia tonight at Sandstone.

First up was Pepper. I was less than excited to see them, but they surprised me. Not so much that I'm a fan or anything now, but they were kind of fun to listen to. During their set, it just became all too painfully obvious how out of place I was at this show in my Motorhead shirt. But it was good fun. When Pepper wasn't doing the reggae thing so heavily and put in some rock, it wasn't so bad. 7/10

I realized after their set that just by listening to the radio and growing up in the 90's/early 00's, I knew a lot of songs by The Offspring. I started my listening career as a pop/punk fan, and it doesn't get much better or more enjoyable than an Offspring concert. The guys on stage may look old and their voices may not be able to do exactly what is on record, but they more than make up for it with really fun, really upbeat music. 8.5/10

311 headlined, but I only stayed for about an hour of their set. My sister loves this band so I grew up listening to a lot of them. The sound wasn't fantastic from where I was, but it evened out as time went on. When they were on, they sounded great, but I didn't know most of the songs. Beautiful Disaster was really awesome, as well.

All in all, I'm glad I went. Too many stoners and frat boys, but the music was great.

No comments: