Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Monday, August 11, 2008

Mandatory Metallica -- August 11th, 2008

Master of Puppets
Remember Tomorow
Fight Fire With Fire

Master of Puppets is a classic by anyone's standards and for good reason. This is what someone could use to define the word "heavy metal". Fast guitars, awesome solos, and an all-around epic sound. Great stuff! Not the best on the MoP CD, but certainly a classic song.

Remember Tomorrow is an Iron Maiden song that Metallica covered for a recent tribute disc to them. I'd never heard the original until I got home. And lemme tell ya, the Metallica version is awesome. The original is good too, but the Metallica version just kicks so much ass. They should cover more Maiden!

Ride The Lightning is such a great album and this opener is fantastic for it. And I'm gonna go ahead and say this is the fastest Metallica song I've ever heard. Anyone know of any others? Please let me know. The vocal structure is kind of weird, but it ultimately works for the song in the end. Such an awesome song.

This was probably the best Mandatory Metallica so far.

No comments: