Got information on a new show or need to contact me?

I'd love to hear from you if you read this blog. If you have tips, if you wanna say how much I rule or how much I suck: It's all good.

Add me on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/mankvill
E-Mail: mandatory-metallica@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger: jjstrfx64@hotmail.com
AIM: jjstrfox64

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mandatory Metallica -- August 6th, 2008

Sorry for the lateness on this one, just got my internet back for good. (Or so it seems.)

Trapped Under Ice
King Nothing
...And Justice For All

If only Metallica kept their sound like in Trapped Under Ice, they'd be bigger than they are today. Well, maybe not overall, but certainly in the metal fans' eyes. Great speed, the vocals go well along with the song and the solo is nice. Very nice indeed.

King Nothing isn't as good as Trapped Under Ice, unfortunately. The biggest turn-off to this song for me is not the vocals or the music, but definitely the lyrics. How stupid can it get? If you're a rock or metal band and include the lyrics "I wish I may/I wish I might" in any part of your song, then...yeah.

...And Justice For All is such a long song. Good thing it's not terrible. I think this song would work much better being much faster, but for what it is, it's okay. James sounds pretty good most of the time. I think the vocalwork on this CD is where I most prefer Metallica. Overall, pretty good.

No comments: